I had a little bit of thrifting fun earlier in the week. I took a couple of hours and went to a few stores. Goodwills of course. I kept my spending fairly low and found several wonderful little treasures.
This little trio is so lovely. I collect the little pitcher sets. I have several different ones around the house. This one fits right in with the remodeled living room colors.
The pink violets are so cheerful. I've put the pot on the entertainment center with the adorable lady bug right close by. I think it looks really cute there.
I loved this flower adorned planter. I thought it was so pretty with all the delicate flowers and bright colors.
I put my spider plant in it for the photo, but I plan to buy a new plant for it from our local nursery.
Hopefully, I won't kill it.
I LOVE, love, LOVE this watering can. I think it has a lot of character. I'll use it to water my front porch flower pots and hanging plants. Once I get some.
This watering can only cost $2.00. But I'm seeing them on eBay for like, a lot of money. I am a bit confused and don't know if I have one of the more expensive ones or not.
It was made in England which, for me, makes it really grand--being the U.K. loving nerd that I am.
Here I got an enamelware tea pot for hanging over the fire when we go camping. So excited to use it!
Also pictured, is an el' cheap o' party platter. Retro design, love it.
There always has to be something wood in my thrift finds! I'm a sucker for wood. I found this candle holder very interesting and useful. Spring and summer produce storms that have the potential to knock out power. So now all I have to do, is put a candle in and I'm ready for a powerless stormy night.
I've always wanted a German weather house. While this is NOT an old one, it is still neat and it works. Someday, I hope to find a Black Forest one. Now that will be a treasure for sure!
The Black Forest website has all kinds of different weather houses for sale. Check them out here.
If you're not familiar with a weather house. Here's how they work. They operate according to the changes in barometric pressure. The woman will move outside of the house when there is sunny weather. The man moves outside the house for inclement weather.
It's really cool but not completely accurate.
What's a good thrifting day without a few farm or apple themed items. I loved the little sitting hen, she was only $1.00 (and Made in the USA); and the little apple birdhouses were just .50 cents a piece.
They all look so cute in the kitchen.
While on the subject of looking cute in the kitchen, next week's Thrifty Thursday post will be full of pictures I've taken of my recent treasures where they are situated in our home. I thought it would be neat to show everyone where all the treasures end up.
A few coasters with pressed flowers in them. I love anything that has pressed flowers in it.
So dainty and pretty; and I think romantic, for some reason.
Here's another planter stand to protect the table top from possible water leakage.
I thought it was cute.
Speaking of pressed flowers, this photo album looks like a book of pressed flowers. I thought it was so beautiful and can't wait to fill it with family/friend photos.
The tall box is a stationery, greeting card organizer for birthdays, anniversaries and holidays. I need to be organized, so it was a great purchase at $2.00.
This is the first page inside the photo album. Isn't it beautiful.
The greeting card organizer had all of the divider tabs for organizing by month. I'm excited to put it together, place my purchased greeting cards inside and check it each month for mailing them all out.
Yippie, skippie I might actually be on time with my greeting cards for a change!
Lastly this week, I found this adorable plaid lunch bag and a few reusable shopping bags too.
Thanks for stopping by My Reflections and sharing in my thrifting adventures.
Each week I link up with:
Sophie, over at Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:
Selena, over at Apron Thrift Girl on Monday, for:
Linda, over at Coastal Charm on Tuesdays, for:
AND . . .
Lyssa, over at Born-Again Crafter on Thursdays, for:
Well, that does it for this week. Until next week, Happy Thrifting!
"May all your thrifty adventures yield you thrifty treasures." ~ Me
Come on, get your Thrift on and join the fun!



















































The watering can is so dinky and cute. I also love the black enamel jug - go you!
ReplyDeleteoh my! you did get a wonderful haul! I love the little weather house. I have one my Nanna bought me in about 1955.. so cute.
ReplyDeleteFun stuff. I love the German weather house and now have added that to things I must look for! Great idea to use the candle holder during electrical outages. I like that it has the glass globe, too. That will make it much safer.
ReplyDeleteTammy
Found you through Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Find Monday and so glad I did - you have a lovely blog - and some great finds - and a new follower!
ReplyDeleteI am looking for a German weatherhouse in my travels - they're so cute! Nice finds!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words on my blog! It made my day so bright!!!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is always full of wonderfulness as well!!
I would love to do a trade with a fellow thrifter are you interested maybe?
No pressure if you are not. I just think it sounds like oh so much fun!
Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter
To the Joyful Thrifter, I think a trade sounds like fun too. I've seen that the Apron Thrift Girl does that. Fun! Lets give it a go. What's next in this thrifty trade adventure? Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog. Made my day too!
ReplyDelete