Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thrifty Thursday, #13


Hello everyone!

Welcome to my little corner of the world.  Today is my favorite day of the week,

Thursday.

The day that I get to share my thrifted treasures with my friends and fellow thrifters.

This week's Thrifty Thursday post begins with an inspection. . .


Toby was very thorough.

I wish you could have seen him in action.  This lovely purse had some musty odors to it and he was all over them like white on rice!

Inspection complete!
The tapestry purse MUST be a quality item!  Toby gave it his, Paw of Approval.


He's not vintage or thrifted even, but he's valuable just the same.

Toby had a major cross eyed moment going on, so I HAD to take a picture and include it.

The size of this week's Thrifty Thursday post created quite a challenge for our respected, feline
Quality Control Officer.

He was so overwhelmed with checking things, that he couldn't keep his eyes straight!

Now that's dedication!


I loved this little number.

The beautiful tapestry flowers on the black purse caught my eye from across the street.

I found it at one of the first garage sales I went to this weekend.

Like I said earlier, it smells a bit musty. . . BUT. . . that's nothing a few fabric softener sheets can't take care of.

It was a sweet little find!


Have you ever in your life seen roses made out of wood?  I haven't, until this weekend that is.

This lovely bouquet was just $1.50 at the Goodwill.


The trio pictured above are some of my favorite treasures from the weekend.

The little kitten and the beautiful sage green bird were only .50 cents each.

The bird matches my wall color perfectly!  I was VERY excited!

The Willow Tree figurine is a trade item.  I traded the red tea kettle--you can read about it HERE--for this Angel of Prayer.

It was a good trade!


Remember my paper mache choir boys?  Well, here are the paper mache singing angels to go with them.

The lady who sold these to me, had them priced at .50 a piece.  (You all can't tell that I REALLY like things priced at .50 cents, can ya'?)

Any who. . . 

She told me there used to be three, but last Christmas one of the angels fell from her place on the mantel and went back up to heaven.  So she priced them to sell, since they were not a complete set.

And SELL they did. . . to ME!

I told her that I loved them; and would find a replacement for the angel who crash landed her way back up to heaven.

Now I have a mission to accomplish, by Christmas 2011.


I love enamelware items.

I have a green enamelware tea pot and now I have a short and squat blue one to go with it.

It was only $2.00 at a yard sale.  SCORE!


The same lady that sold me the paper mache angels, also sold me these Amish children riding in a little red wagon.


They are done in cast iron and they go with the set of Amish people and stoves I inherited from my grandmother.

Again, the lady told me she had them priced to sell at only .50 cents.


Goodwill SCORE!  I love Pyrex and have recently been on the search for Pyrex coffee mugs.

I found these 3 at the Goodwill for .75 cents total.  Yep, just .25 cents a piece.

What a DEAL!


Pyrex, Town & Country design, complete with lid.

Just $1.00 at the Goodwill.


Apples, apples, apples. . .

You knew I had to find SOMETHING with apples on it.


Three cheerful, brightly painted apple napkin rings and a beautifully painted half barrel wall bucket.

I haven't decided where to place it yet, but I'm thinking. . . 


I love the Russian nesting dolls.

(I bet your catching on that there ISN'T much I DON'T love, huh?)

These are not old and I don't even think they are a complete set.  The patterns are different on the smaller dolls than on the two larger ones.  But they were only $1.00 and I have always wanted a set.

Someday I'll find a vintage Russian set of my very own.  I have a style in mind, you can see it HERE.


When I walked up to this painting at The Salvation Army, I was so taken with it's vibrant colors and amazing detail.

I fell in love with it instantly.

It's just darling. . .


Isn't it adorable?

(I like asking rhetorical questions, can you tell?)

I love everything about it.  I love the warm wood, the patchwork quilt, the daisies, the cute expressions on the corn husk girl and the mouse.

LOVE!

To me, I feel as though I could walk right into the scene or that the mouse and corn husk girl could walk right out of the painting.

It WILL have a place in our home!


Metal Liberty Bell to hang on our house. . .

OR. . .

Maybe on our garage, when we have a garage--someday.


Old cookbooks = Lots of fun for the cook in the house!


More cookie cutters. . . 

These were only $1.00 at a garage sale.

My favorite one is the little boy with the rounded handle.


This was a DELICIOUS find!

It was brand new and still in the box for only $7.00. . .

BUT. . .

I had a coupon!  So it only cost $2.00.


Game nights will NEVER be the same!

We will have warm caramel to dip freshly cored and sliced honey crisp apples in.

I have to STOP talking about it, because it's making my mouth water just thinking of it!


And. . . 

Last, but NOT least. . .

A wash stand from the Goodwill for only $15.00.

BUT. . . I had another Martin's Supermarkets $5.00 off coupon.  So it only cost $10.00!

I had one of these when I lived at home and after Pete and I married, I had it for a little while and then--stupidly--sold it in a garage sale!

But, now I have one again and all is right with the world.

Thanks for stopping by My Reflections and sharing in my thrifting adventures.

Each week I link up with:

Sophie, over at Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:

Selena, over at Apron Thrift Girl on Monday, for:

AND . . . 

Lyssa, over at Born-Again Crafter on Thursdays, for:


Well, that does it for this week.  Until next week, Happy Thrifting!

"May all your thrifty adventures yield you thrifty treasures." ~ Me


Come on, get your Thrift on and join the fun!

12 comments:

  1. I found a "moby" baby wrap (averages $50 in the store) brand new for $8!! oh and a organizer that hangs at the end of the crib for $1.50 (also brand new!)
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE thrifting :)
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, those are great deals! You saved a LOT of money on those two purchases. Thrifting is the BEST! I have a hard time buying anything new. With a little time and patience I can usually find it used for a MUCH better price! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some fun items! Love the washstand! So vintage-fabulous! I haven't been thrifting or garage-sale-ing in a while, but this made me want to go see what's out there for me. I think my eye would be looking for old books, papers and letters. That would be a treasure to me!

    Have a great day, Michelle, and thanks for always stopping by my blog, even when I'm negligent in visiting yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one awesome wash stand! I definitely envies of the dollar Pyrex

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the purse and the pyrex was a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well! the tapestry bag does it for me... i think i would spot it too, if it came my way. perhaps one day...
    the cook books i think i would gladly let my eye wander through too.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those amish figurines look facinating, I've never seen anything like those before. I must look them up.
    And russian dolls, I'm with you there, one day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you had a week of great finds! That little bag is so sweet! I love the little Amish children, too. I have a little cast iron stove that was my mother's. A factory that used to make these items was in the town where my grandmother was born. I saw many of these little items when I was younger, but don't see too many these days.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I like that you got cookie cutters too, and I love your tapestry bag and the blue enamel pot. I'm quite taken with the little Amish figures too, as you wouldn't find anything like that here. A good week then, especially as you found appley things too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great score on that Pyrex casserole dish! Love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, you have the best finds I have seen in a long long time!! That wash stand is to DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete