Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday, #3


Today is Thrifty Thursday.  My husband and I set out this morning for a day of thrifting; and what a day it was.  We had a great time rummaging through the shelves of several local Goodwill stores.  We also visited 1 flea market and 1 Salvation Army.  I had my best luck at the Goodwill stores.  Here are the wonderful treasures I found today.

"Miss Priss," isn't she lovely?
Lefton Miss Priss kitty cat cookie jar {missing her lid} for $1.50 at the Goodwill.
I am now on the hunt for the missing lid.  Wish me luck!

I love enamel items.  While I'm not sure if this cute little tea pot is "old" enamal or new, I love it just the same.  Also pictured is a lovely flower covered mug to sip my tea from.

Here's the other side of it.  It has the loveliest little saying on it:
"Your friendship garden is planted with seeds of kindly thoughts and helpful deeds!"

I found this darling, chubby bird at the flea market we visited.  It was just $3.00.  It looks very handsome sitting on my shelf of birds.

Sorry for the quality of this photo.  But I think this old collage is really cute.  I love how they put the little wooden mice in the bottom.  Especially since, all the different grains, seeds and beans are just the sort of bounty these little critters like to snack on.

This lovely little plate is hand painted from England.  I picked it up for just $1.00 at the Goodwill.  The little cherries were only .25 cents, at the flea market.  I have them hanging from a shelf in my kitchen now.

I loved this vintage decorative plate for hanging on the wall.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but couldn't leave it behind.  It was just too pretty.

What a sweet little shepherd angel boy.  His sleepy blue eyes and precious little pup, melted my heart.  I believe he is an Italian Nativity figurine.  I have to look him up.

Here is a paper mache nativity set {missing one VERY important character, baby Jesus} made in Japan.  I am also on the search for the baby Jesus that goes to this set.  After all, you can't have a nativity without the baby Jesus!

I was so excited about this little find!  I think it was my most exciting discovery of the day!  I walked down an aisle full of purses and bags.  Then looked into a storage bin full of odds and ends.  There lay this little green box.  I picked it up, reluctantly thinking there was nothing in it.  But, to my surprise, it had two of my favorite choir boys in it.  They are paper mache and go with the larger choir boy I showed you last week.  For just $2.00, SCORE!

Here are my two new choir boys beside their bigger brother, from last week.  PERFECT, aren't they?

Finally, here are a couple handmade ceramic pieces.  I don't think they are valuable, except to me.  I love them!  The little bird is happily sitting on my bird shelf and the little girl is a music box.  She plays Somewhere Over The Rainbow.  LOVE!

Below is a short video I took of the music box playing.  Enjoy!


I link my Thirfty Thursday posts with Apron Thrift Girl for her Thirft Share Mondays, as well as Her Library Adventures for Flea Market Finds on Sundays.  Join in the fun!




Also linked up with Nifty Thrifty Tuesday over at Coastal Charm.
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

I'm so excited to be linking up with another blog for sharing thrifts and it is on a THURSDAY, yay!!!  It is Thrifty Thursday over at Born-Again Crafter blog.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and leading me to your fabulous finds, I must admit I am very jealous of miss priss! I would love to have found her! :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! I especially adore the cherries. That's how my kitchen is being done! Great finds and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These finds rock! I especially love the last item! It reminds me of my grandma. She had this whole collection of them that all played music!
    And So honored that you linked up and did shout out :) I am excited to see what you'll be finding every week!
    Lyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Scarlett, I was so excited when I saw her tucked up under the bottom shelf. Hiding almost. I sure wish she had her lid. But I'm going to search and hopefully find one. Lyssa, I'm excited to link up with your blog each week. So cool that it is a Thursday thing. I am really enjoying linking up with all the flea market finds. It's just as fun to see what everyone else finds, as it is to find my own treasures. I'm really having a good time with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loooooooove your darling little video, and (may i be quirky?) am in love with the box the choir boys came in, what a good thought of ya to look inside that bin. crazy, no?
    good luck on hunting down the missing lid. you are courageous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I kept thinking I need to say this is my favorite and then the next find was the favorite,scroll after scroll. I love Miss Priss and the transferware plate, the cherries and the choir boys! Everything is wonderful!! You're doing great up there in IN!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... you found such amazing things. I love the enamel teapot. I'm very partial to them myself.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina, which is the transferware plate? Is it the one from England with the roses? I didn't know that was what it was called. So is that hand painted like I thought? Thank you for visiting my blog. Susan, enamel is just wonderful isn't it. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i looove the music box with the bluebird! she's just in time for st patrick's day with that green scarf!
    http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete