Welcome to Thrifty Thursday, where I share the treasures I've found over the past week. I am a Yard Sale, Estate Sale, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Flea Market and Antique Store junkie! Here are this week's treasures:
A handmade carved wooden cat. I think he took a dive off the shelf because his ear is damaged. I still had to bring him home. The round wooden plate is from 1973 and was someone's Mother's Day gift. The praying hands are handcrafted out of olive wood in Israel. Cool, huh?
This is a homemade ceramic pitcher/vase, a handsome raccoon and a tiny set of Precious Moments that sit on a planter lip.
I thought this metal Memos wall hanging and the iron fire stoker were pretty neat. I also loved the ceramic laughing apple and beautiful pear.
Here is a laundry/clothes pin basket. Other than the colors, it is just like the one my Grandmother had. Also, there are 4 little half aprons in the daintiest designs.
This Hallmark--I'm a sucker for Hallmark--mug is adorable. Don't you think?
I hit the jackpot on metal cookie cutters . . .
There was a complete set of card cookie cutters: Diamonds, Hearts, Spades and Clubs. Plus a Scottie dog!
This Gingerbread Man is adorable . . .
But not as adorable as all the lovely Christmas cookie cutters in the mix . . .
There was an angel, mistletoe, Christmas tree, bells and many more. So exciting! They're just like the ones we used to make cookies, when I was growing up.
At the Goodwill, I found this set of Guidepost books. I can't wait to peruse them all.
I also found several poem books. I love a good poem book. Especially, Hallmark.
LOVE!
The book Courting Emma Howe, looks like it's going to be good. I really like Betsey Clark, Hallmark of course, and this little book is in great shape!
LOVE!
And now . . . the picture you've all been waiting for! The incredible UN-edible fruit. My collection of plastic fruit has grown since last you saw it. I have acquired some grapes, 2 oranges and a few more pears. WAY COOL!
And last but not least. . . this lovely wooden bowl and some fruit of a different kind!
Thank you for visiting and checking out my treasures. What treasures did you find this week?
Why not join in on the fun and share your thrifty finds. Each week, I link up with:
Sophie, over at Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:
Selena, over at Apron Thrift Girl on Monday, for:
Linda, over at Coastal Charm on Tuesdays, for:
AND . . .
Lyssa, over at Born-Again Crafter on Thursdays, for:
Come on, get your Thrift on and join the fun!

























































I have that Hallmark mug with the coaster! As a matter of fact I have another one with panda bears on it. They both used to belong to my mother! When do you want to go Goodwill hopping with me? I think it would be so FUN!
ReplyDeleteoh WOW so much eye candy! i LOVE those cookie cutters..DROOL!!
ReplyDeleteit's like stopping at the thrift shop all over, at your place; great! i think the raccoon may have stolen my heart, as do the half aprons.
ReplyDeleteLove the memo tray and cookie cutters! You got heaps of great finds!
ReplyDeleteLove those cookie cutters! Wow - were they all together in a big bag? Lucky you :-)
ReplyDeleteWow, I had a flashback with the fruit. My mom used to have a bowl of the unedible stuff around and my brother and I would take the grapes off and chew on them (so yucky to think of it now!!!)
ReplyDeleteGreat finds (especially all those lovely cookie cutters)!
This seals it - you and I can NEVER go thrifting together. We would fight over everything. I am a cookie cutter addict, and love the Guidepost books (have not seen them in our thrifts or at sales.) I would have had to bring the wooden cat home as well.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great group of finds.
Lovely finds especially that wooden cat. I used to collect cat figurines, but I left them when I moved out from my ex's house. Now I dont have room to collect anything excepts clothes.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog.
J.
http://adimpleate.wordpress.com